Thursday, December 4, 2014

Dress up for cheapskates

I love beautiful things and clothing is no exception. Over the last few years my nicer clothing from the Mom and Pop Era (oh the days of high school when your parents bought your clothes) have stopped fitting or gotten pretty shabby. I've supplemented my wardrobe with some carefully picked thrift store finds and gifts but I've noticed that I'm starting to look less chic and more eek. So I went hunting. There is a never ending supply of gorgeous expensive clothing, just look up Anthropologie...wait, don't, it will ruin your life....you already did? Bummer. Well I've noticed that when you search certain items on pinterest or similar websites that the same item will come up under multiple addresses, similar to when you are shopping for a flight or hotel room. There is not one set price for anything out there. You can always find a deal if you are really looking. Here are some of the deals that I found in the last little while looking for Christmas gifts for the many many women in my family. 
 
This dress is $32 at Luulla.com an awesome shopping site for the penny pincher.
 This is the original dress that I found on Chinabeauty.com for $76 Sometimes you can't find the exact item but the same fabrics are often used on more than one article of clothing like with these dresses.
 This little beauty is $38 on etsy.com, one of my favorite handmade shopping sites.
 The original heart-throb was this skirt from shabbyapple. On a recent trip to Salt Lake my tiny and beautiful sister tried it on and I fell in love. The high waist and stiff fabric make it a little less fun to wear for fluffier gals like me so the elastic waistband in the cheaper skirt was actually a welcome change. This skirt is also made of a thick shiny fabric that makes it very formal looking which I don't prefer for everyday wear.
 I got trapped by this dress. I thought I had found the best deal but alas I found a better deal after I had already purchased. This is one of the times you can find the exact same dress or item on different sites and for different prices. Etsy $45, dresslily.com $24.
 Another exact match! Udobuy.com $42, CiChic $25
 Oh this dress! I was 100% ready to buy it at KoshFashion for $72 + shipping and the day I went to purchase the website mysteriously disappeared. I was frantic and went searching high and low for the dress only to find a near match.
 I love this dress to the MAX. Only $21 from luulla.com Thank the heavens that the KoshFashion website mysteriously disappeared. I saved enough money to get a second dress!
 
I found this dress for $23 on sheinside.com but THEN! I found it for $19 on ebay! woo hoo

This fun and simple dress is $39 on mode-sty.com and a whopping $18 on cichic.com

2 comments:

  1. So here's my wonder, are any of these weirdy Asian sites with size larges that still only fit dolls or poor stitching quality? It seems too good to be true sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think one of them was an Asian site but it was one of the more expensive ones. You do have to be careful, sometimes they look awesome and then are not. That is the scary thing about the internet.

    ReplyDelete